David Geffen Pays $14+M for 785 Fifth Ave. Co-op
Record executive and producer David Geffen just paid $14.17 million for a high-floor co-op apartment at 785 Fifth Avenue, buying the entire floor from fellow entertainment executive Robert Daly and songwriter Carole Bayer Sager.
Like Geffen, Daly had a long career in the entertainment business, working at Warner Bros., Warner Music Group, the L.A. Dodgers, CBS, and Viacom.
The view overlooking Central Park, Fifth Avenue, and Plaza Hotel is magical:
Neighbors in the building include:
- Persian rug baron Cyrus Yaraghi, a principal of Safavieh.
- Real estate executive Alan Ades and his wife Joan Ades who paid $5.2 million for their high-floor apartment in 2005.
- Denise Rich, songwriter, Democratic fundraiser, and ex-wife of pardoned commodities trader Marc Rich.
- Rich’s daughter Daniella and son-in-law RIchard Kilstock
- Pharmaceutical executive and consultant Martin Zieger and his wife Ellen